Saturday, July 9, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

So this post is only like a week late. The 4th of July has always been a day I've looked forward to celebrating every year.
There's always hot dogs and hamburgers cooked on the grill(cooked to a crisp with charcoal is a must!), laying out by the pool, and of course, family and friends.
D and I had the opportunity to go to Texas for the 4th of July weekend. I was excited to see my family, eat some amazing food (that I don't have to cook-thanks, Dad!), and see some old friends. The small town where I'm from always seems to stay the same, which could be bad or good depending on the context.
This time it was different. I felt a little off (could be just me). Something just wasn't right.
Although I loved seeing my family, I realized things will just never be the same. Old friends have moved. My old ward barely consists of the church family I once felt I had.

Some of this was a little depressing to think about, but I realized that I'm growing up. Changes can be really good, and often help us grow. I know I have changed a lot over the past few years and I'd like to think it's been the better. Although being back in Texas was different, I still brought a lot of good memories with me back home to AZ.
Like:
My first Texas 4th of July with David
Spending time with my sister and brother-in-law (I always laugh so much around them).
Spending time with my nieces and nephews (Joy, Jordan, Jacqueline, and Josie).







Hehe. Mom is cheesing it and dad's face looks funny. Love them both. Bless them!

4th of July breakfast at the G-ville ward


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)