Monday, November 7, 2011

Belated Halloween Post

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now, but eh.. I'm a slacker, I suppose.
For Halloween I dragged David into being the wolf to my red riding hood. He was a good sport about it.
It was actually pretty fun seeing David transform himself into a cute little wolf. For David's sake,  I wish I could say he was scary, but he was just too darn cute. I'll take that over scary any day.

For my costume, I recycled a dress I made a few months ago.





I crafted up a red cape to go along with it. I was so excited about it because I saved $16 by making it without a pattern. Unfortunately, I messed it up by putting an inside lining in it. Oh well.   I should have taken more pictures, but, again, I'm a slacker.




We went to the Lake's trunk-or-treat, which was fun and filling :) and then on Halloween night we spent some time with friends who invited us to a social gathering with even more food. My friends and family sure do know my interests!  Unfortunately we were super late because David has class. Silly law school! My class let me out 2 hours early. I guess that's the difference between the social work program and law school. That's why I'm in social work and not law school :) That's probably also why my paycheck will always be de minimis. (See what I did there? Yup! That's a law school word. I feel so smart!)

I made this "Halloween" pumpkin chocolate chip roll. Here's the recipe :)

http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/2011/10/perfect-pumpkin-roll-with-megan-from.html

***Note: This recipe doesn't involve chocolate chips, but I added some because... well.. c'mon it's chocolate! I just eyeballed it. Maybe half a bag?

2 comments:

  1. Your costumes were SO CUTE! You are so talented. I'm so glad we got to hang out for a bit:) And your pumpkin roll was to die for! Can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chaz! You're a sweetheart! Thank you! We had fun! We'll have to hang out again soon! Maybe we'll do lunch

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)