Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Is it bad..

that we refer to our pet guppy, Sammy, as our son?
Probably.
Or pitiful. 
Perhaps both?

I was super excited this morning because Sammy actually stayed at the top of the bowl while I was feeding him his food. 
Usually Sammy likes to quickly swim to the bottom of the bowl as soon as he sees one of us approaching. 
This morning he stayed at the top and even grabbed a little flake with his mouth.
It was the cutest thing!
I had to tell my husband about it so I commented on his Facebook because I didn't want to text him while he was in class. 

David thinks Sammy is just slow and realized that the food on top of the water means he gets to eat. I don't believe this is so. I think he realizes he can trust us and wants to be our little boy! 
haha. 
I'm kidding.

After some reflection, I now realize that I totally reacted to Sammy as I would if it had been one of our children reaching a certain milestone or something...

David later responded that I needed a baby.

Cruel?
Yes!!

Truth?
Quite possibly.

Sometimes I think about how I started to notice babies more when D and I got engaged.  It was really weird, actually. I knew they were around before, but I never really noticed them as much. I was 19 at the time, so the thought was a little scary, I must admit. Of course, some of the scared feelings still remain...
First of all, I'm the youngest of 5 so I don't really have all that much experience with babies. Secondly, there's the whole pregnancy thing. Weeks/months of misery and sickness just does not sound delightful to me. Ugh. And then there's the birthing process! But that's not even the scariest part. Teenagers! 
Oh my goodness.
I may have seemed like a sweet and innocent little thing back then, but I sure had an attitude-and sarcasm to boot! I'm slightly worried that my time will come. 

The thought of being a mother has become less and less scary as time goes on. Still scary, mind you, but not as scary as before. It's starting to become less of a "in the future" matter and before I know it, reality. 

Seeing my friends go through their pregnancies has really softened my fears and I'm hoping that by the time I graduate, (next year, yea!) David and I will be ready to start having a family of our own.
How weird will that be?- In a good way, of course :)

It's really exciting to think about, despite all of my fears.
I know that things will work out the way Heavenly Father wants them to, so that's really comforting to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)