Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sew in need of advice

*Don't you just love the pun?*

Yeah, it was lame. Sorry.

So I am asking for a sewing machine for my birthday (which is in a little less than 2 months).

It sounds great, right?

Not great.

I don't know that much about sewing machines, or sewing for that matter. 

Does anybody know a good sewing machine brand or where I could find a good machine?
I'm thinking in the $200-$350 range.
I'm not sure if that is good or not, either. haha.

Basically... I just need help.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I got this one from Costco for my mom a while ago and she likes it. It's pretty basic but still seems like a quality one. I use it and I used to always mess up her other machine. So far I haven't damaged this one so that's a good sign! I hear Brother machines are good...


    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11222787&search=sewing+machine&Mo=6&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=sewing+machine&Ntt=sewing+machine&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny. For Christmas in 2009, my mom got me a Brother basic sewing machine. It was like $100-150, but it is really good for a starter machine. My SIL, who is an awesome seamstress, said it's a pretty good machine and brand. (It's nothing fancy, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It seems like the consensus is a Brother sewing machine. I've seen some that I'm pretty interested in just from the research that I've done and what I've been told about.

    I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)