Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hunting trip :)

This weekend my husband, FIL (father-in law), BIL (Bro-in-law), my other BIL and I went on a hunting trip in Dateland. Marjle (pronounced Marly) came with us, which turned out to be no help at all! He's supposed to be a bird dog, but all he did was run around and chase all the birds away! 

We got up at 5:15ish in the morning! It was so cold!
We met up with the rest of the fam and headed to a farm of a friend's in Dateland. 
It is pretty close to Yuma, which means it was kind of a long drive just to get to the middle of nowhere.

Behold! Dateland in all it's glory!

 I forgot to mention that the Graf's (BIL) dog, Chase, came with us. Isn't he a cutie??

I am so shocked that I was actually able to smile even though I was sleeping on the inside. 

David walking. 

David smiling. Isn't his vest just so fashionable? 

Quail tracks! 

Kyle sporting a sad, dead bunny. Poor thing! 

I'm not sure where this blood spot came from, but the CSI-wannabe in me made me want to take a picture of this bloodspot just in case!

Walking down the Sahara of what is called Dateland. (Not really the Sahara, but it was very desert-y! Good for the ol' calves though!)

D and Chase posing :) Aren't they just the cutest?!  Uh.. YES! 


The hunt took FOREVER until we actually found some quail. I walked a total of about 7 miles yesterday. I know because my fitbit told me so and the fitbit never lies! I definitely got my steps in for the day and more! 

It was an awesome day, though. It was fun to just be somewhere different doing something different with the people I love being with. 

Now I'm off to bake bread! Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)