Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crazy times at CPS

I love how much my friend and fellow intern, Amy, Julie (my field instructor), and I can joke around and have fun at CPS. Although our interactions are probably (definitely) crossing some boundaries, we don't even care. 
If I had to go through every day at CPS as a serious, boundary keeping intern, I think I would've snapped a while ago. Although we've had some close calls, I've managed to keep it together on most days. 

My field instructor is a little on the crazy side, which makes life interesting.

It's weird (and scary) to think that next year I will be in a totally different internship.
I'm hoping it will be a good one. *fingers crossed!*
 I feel like I have gotten used to this cushy little internship I have. 

Julie is... well.... a little burned out with her job.
It's sad, really.
But also nice.

Is it bad to say that I look forward to her texts that say "8:30", which means we can come in at 8:30 instead of 8? I sure hope not!

Is it bad that even though I don't drink coffee, that I like when she asks if we can make pit stops to Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts just so I can have a break from the office, CFTs (child family team meetings) court, home visits, or intakes?
Probably. 

And may I mention that court is definitely not as exciting as it is in the movies? 
I WILL mention it. It is not as exciting.

Ugh. I could go on and on about CPS.
But I wont.





  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)