Friday, January 14, 2011

Reflections from the ICU

We have been spending a lot of time at the hospital this week and it has given me a lot of time to reflect. First of all, I just want to say that I am so very grateful for my good health. I have only had to be at the doctor a handful of times, most of which had nothing to do with being sick. I'm healthy, my husband is healthy. Life is good.
Right now we are at the icu with David's aunt Holly. She is a living miracle. She has completely baffled all medical professionals because they do not know how she has lived for so long. But if you've ever met her you'll quickly realize why she is still living. Although her body is weak and struggling, her spirit is so full of life. She brings joy to everyone she meets. Just two days ago she flat lined. Now, she's awake and smiling. She really is so angelic. It's made me reflect on my life so much. I really want to be more like Holly. I know there will always be bad days, but I need to take them like Holly does- with a smile on my face because I really do have a lot to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)