Saturday, January 22, 2011

my favorite new toy

So for Christmas D and I got a wii from my family and I got the Zumba game from Lisa, my mother-in-law. 
I have to say it is one of my favorites!

This morning I had the opportunity to go to the student rec center and join the Zumba Fit class.
Because of laziness, I decided not to go because I didn't want to drive a mile away, park, get out, walk to the rec center, and then try to find my class. 

Instead, I decided to just do my own class and I didn't even have to get out of my own house.

It is pretty awesome!

It gets me up off the couch and moving around and shakin' it! It helps me get rid of some stress out and have fun while I'm doing it because let's be honest, a treadmill is just not for me. I get so bored!

Although I'm not all that coordinated as I used to be and it seems that the only Colombian-ness I inherited from my mom is my butt and my love for Colombian food,  I do still like to dance. At least this way I get to dance without anyone really seeing me. Not even my husband, really. 

What's something fun you guys like to do for exercise?

2 comments:

  1. Everyone always talks about how awesome Zumba is but I would be so worried about dancing in front of people. Doing it at home sounds so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually isn't that bad at the gym once you get the hang of the choreography, but it definitely is nice at home when you can just go crazy without worrying about anyone seeing you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)