Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break Vacation

Yes... it has been several weeks since and I am just now updating the blog about spring break. Hopefully that just shows how completely swamped I have been these days.  Pity me! ... Or at least my unborn child.

For spring break "vacation" David and I went to Utah to stay at his parents' vacation home near Salt Lake.  This would be a good time to visit family, get away (at least somewhat) from the stresses of school, and reconnect ourselves with our BYU roots.   Oh, BYU! I used to shake my fist at that school and curse it's name for making me realize my insignificance.  My first year I felt so out of my element. I was just an average student at a very small high school who never had really studied in her life! I cried and cried my because I thought there was no way I could make it.  I felt like everyone around me could speak at least 3 languages, knew how to play musical instruments, had 4.0s, and sewed their own clothing. Yes, this was a definite exaggeration. Not everyone had 4.0s.....
But looking back now, I really loved my time there. I learned so much about my purpose and what Heavenly Father wants for me. I learned that I can do hard things. I learned that it is important to learn as much as you can in this world. A common quote at BYU is " The World is Our Campus".  This is also a time when I learned to love myself for who I am and most importantly, I met and fell in love with my eternal companion.

I was able to take note of some of the highlights of the trip:

---It wasn't snowing! However, it was cold enough to still give us the feeling that we were at BYU. If it had been any warmer, the feeling would've been lost.

---J Dawgs! An absolutely heavenly hot dog place near the south end of campus. They were just as amazing as I remembered.. except maybe even more amazing! It brought back such wonderful memories of sitting outside with David having a lunch date between classes because we wanted to see each other, but were still new and dating.  Ugh, I'm now craving those delectable dogs (hot dogs, that is!).

---David being on campus and not abiding by the honor code. *Gasp! There's no way you could take a test at the testing center with that hairy face! They would've sent him to the bookstore to buy a cheap, disposable razor.

---Always being forced to listen to somebody's music, no matter where you are. This doesn't mean iPods or radios, but actual people playing music on their instruments. This used to really bother me, but this time it just made me happy because it was familiar.

---Hearing one of the students say "shiz". How sad is it that it caught us off guard!?

---BYU baby onesies! We got 3 to represent! Hello indoctrination!

Scary snowy weather that we had to drive through to get to UT. Luckily, that was really the only snow we had to deal with.

J DAWGS!! I highly recommend :)


David's scruffy face ON CAMPUS!



Scott opening his mission call!

Can you spot the Y?

1 comment:

  1. Aw how fun! So glad you guys were able to get a little break, I know how busy you are!

    And I love that little onesie:) I have a couple little sun devil ones lying around haha:) so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)