Saturday, April 16, 2011

Priorities

I obviously have my priorities straight.
Instead of working on a presentation that is due on Wed., a paper that needs to be written by Wed., doing my class readings for Monday, or working on a research critique I decided to go to Jo-Ann's and make a dress instead with my birthday money.
I went hog wild! I just love that place! So many possibilities of things I can make to wear or decorate my home. 

I had my fabric, I had my pattern and everything I needed to make a fabulous dress. I felt that because I made a skirt, I could make a dress. It's only a little harder, right? I worked for hours cutting, pinning, and sewing. I thought I was going to have that dress made in no time. David had to drag me away from my work so that we could go to the Diamondbacks game.

After we got home, I decided to do a little more sewing. Turns out that "little more sewing" ending up lasting 4 hours. I went to bed at 3 a.m. Yes- a.m. 

This morning I was back to work on my dress. After realizing that my dress was actually starting to look like a dress, I got excited and did a little dance. I had to actually make myself calm down so I could finish my dress quicker. I realized that my dress was noticeably large. I seem to have gotten confused when I was cutting and cut out the pattern two sizes too big or something. 

Anyway, after hours of complete frustration, tucking, pinning, sewing and then undoing the sewing,  I finally finished! 
Ta-dah!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really awesome! I have always been too chicken to try a dress, but now, maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! i love the colors and print :)

    -chaz

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)