So I tried to make a shirt today out of two recycled skirts, 1 of which was from a friend who was about to DI it. They are both too short so I wanted to use them for something else because I love the fabric.
I started out by unhemming (I don't think that's a word, but I think you know what I mean) everything on one of the skirts. Took me hours! Then I traced the outline of a shirt I liked the fit of and started pinning and sewing.
I forgot one thing, though.
I didn't leave extra room for the seams!!!!!!!!!!
I had this beautiful shirt in mind, but I totally messed it up.
Lesson learned, I suppose.
You should have seen me trying the shirt on.
I couldn't even get it over my head without ripping some of the seams. I tried to maneuver my arms so that I could get the shirt on. It was a horrible/funny sight.
I'm so glad David didn't see me. All he could hear was my screams and grunts of struggle. I was seriously losing the battle against my shirt.
After some time of feeling the symptoms of claustrophobia, I won the war.