Monday, August 30, 2010

It has been a lot harder than I thought to write in this blog. There have been so many times that I started to write one and then thought "Nahh, I'll do this later". My brain has really been struggling at getting back into the habit of all that is named "education". It just seems so much easier to just lay around and watch Everybody Loves Raymond all day.

Yeah..sure..school isn't all that bad. I've already made friends-LDS one's even! Let's face it, social work students are pretty easy to get along with for the most part. Otherwise.. why are they even trying to be one if they're not friendly? It's not like social workers are making that much money. My classes aren't that bad either-granted, they are all 3 hours long, but my professors have been pretty good at keeping my attention so far.
Graduate school sure is different than undergrad, though. It's been really interesting to intermix with people who are so different from me. I'm definitely not at BYU anymore. I do feel pretty fortunate, though, because I think BYU did a pretty good job at preparing me for the social work program even though I have a Bachelor's degree in psychology. I think what I am most nervous about is working with clients. I have an interview with CPS tomorrow for my foundation year internship. I really hope this internship gives me a lot of experience in what I want to do. I have so much to learn and I'm not even sure where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment, please :)